How Your Gift Helps
When you give to Maimonides, you make a real difference in the health of your community. Your support provides for new equipment and technology, funds research and medical education, and ensures the continuation of valuable services and programs. All these efforts result in the best patient care, right here in Brooklyn.
Discover how your gift can help:
Maimonides Medical Center
- Meeting the Needs of the Community: Your dollars enable Maimonides to cover the renovation, expansion and enhancement of various buildings and spaces throughout the hospital, covering small projects to capital improvements.
- Improving the Patient Experience: By introducing art and nature into our lobby's interior courtyard, we provide a place of solace for families and patients. Lush plants accompany 1,000 Wishes by artist Jean Shin, a community-inspired art installation composed of creatively expressed wishes from patients, doctors, nurses, caregivers and the community.
Maimonides Cancer Center
- Breast Wellness Program: Maimonides has the only fully-accredited Breast Center in Brooklyn. Your support will help us continue to provide care to everyone who needs it, as well as supportive services such as Reiki sessions, yoga classes and spa bags to help people feel their best during treatment.
- Breast Imaging Fellowship: Your support can be used to train future researchers and doctors, the next generation of breast imaging specialists.
The Maimonides Heart & Vascular Center
- Renovation and Technology Improvements: Donations will support new procedure and testing rooms, a patient and family resource room and research kiosk computer station, along with new technology for ECHO and stress testing.
- Women's Heart to Heart Initiative: Funds raised will cover the costs associated with our outreach series, providing preventative education and heart health screenings to women throughout the Brooklyn community.
Orthopedic Surgery & Musculoskeletal Services
- Comprehensive Patient Services: Your support of the Maimonides Bone & Joint Center, newly opened this year, will benefit a variety of patient service areas including orthopedic ambulatory care, surgery, pain management, occupational and physical therapy, ultrasound, x-ray, minimal radiation fluoroscopy, MRIs and more.
- Osteoporosis and Injury Prevention & Treatment Program: Your contributions can help fund our outreach campaign to prevent many in our community from unnecessary pain, suffering, and surgery, which can occur due to lack of screening and proper care.
- Orthopedic Surgery and Biomechanics Research Lab: Funding for lab materials, test devices and software will support groundbreaking surgical techniques, allowing patients to resume the activities they enjoy in a shorter amount of recovery time.
Maimonides Children's Hospital
- Capital Improvements: We provide care for children in an environment that is created just for them, in an atmosphere that supports healing and reduces stress for both child and family. Your support will help us continue to offer and expand this positive experience for inpatient and outpatient care, and have the best pediatric center possible.
- Child Life Program: Your contributions will support the critical staffing needs of our Child Life Program, funding the professionals who use art and play to provide education, comfort, and encouragement to seriously ill children and their families.