Nursing Student Summer Extern Program
June 3rd - August 2nd 2019
Maimonides Medical Center is an award winning full service academic medical center serving the health care needs of the 2.5 million residents of Brooklyn –New York City’s largest borough. Maimonides nurses are passionate about building individualized relationships with their patients, while fostering culturally competent care and embracing continuous learning. At Maimonides, every nurse is a leader of patient care – dedicated to clinical excellence in every facet of their nursing practice.
We invite student nurses to join our upcoming 9 week paid student nurse extern program. You will be mentored by an expert registered nurse and have the opportunity to expand your nursing knowledge and develop your critical thinking, practicing within a model of relationship-based care.
This Comprehensive 9-Week Program Will Offer:
- Clinical and classroom orientation
- Inpatient unit assignments in a variety of clinical settings
- Full time 12 hour shifts partnering with an RN preceptor
- Weekly education offerings designed specifically for the extern program
- Additional opportunity for clinical observations in areas of interest
To Qualify for this Exciting Program, We Require:
- Current enrollment in a Baccalaureate Nursing Program
- Successful completion of Junior year
- Satisfactory academic record
- Availability to work the entire 9 weeks and every other weekend
To apply, forward a complete set of the following items to email@example.com by March 8, 2019:
- Cover letter
- Current official transcript
- Recommendation from Clinical Instructor on Letterhead
- Completion of Interest and Expectation Sheet
CLICK HERE for a copy of our informational flier.