Nurse Residency Program
Maimonides Medical Center offers you the unique opportunity as newly licensed graduate nurses to successfully transition from student to professional nurse in our Nurse Residency Program.
Beginning this year we are collaborating with Vizient™ and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)™, to offer the Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program™.
Eligibility requirements are:
- New hire new graduate nurses (less than one year experience)
- Completion of an accredited nursing program
- NCLEX-RN passed
- Received appropriate state licensure as a Registered Nurse.
The curriculum is designed to support newly graduated nurses in their development as professional nurses and members of the healthcare team.
The program content and measures are standardized throughout participating institutions and include:
- Educational classes and clinical laboratory sessions
- Enhanced mentoring with special emphasis on critical thinking/clinical reasoning skills
- Leadership development at the bedside
- Communication strategies, patient safety and positive outcomes
- Professional career planning
- Evidence-Based Practice project (nursing research)
We look forward to meeting you and working together to ensure your successful transition to practice.
If you are interested in the nurse residency, please apply for the RN job of your choice on our website. All new hire new graduate RN's will be enrolled in the program.