Maimonides residency & fellowship benefits
Highly Competitive Salary & Comprehensive Benefits Package
Maimonides Medical Center residents are members of the Committee on Interns and Residents (CIR), a union representing house staff officers in the United States. Salary and benefits are discussed and arranged after a process of review and discussion in conjunction with CIR representatives. As a result, Maimonides offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
The current benefits became effective January 1, 2008. Please refer to the benefits section of your individual residency or fellowship program for more details.
- A comprehensive medical care plan is provided through the Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield POS Plan. It is administered by the CIR. Either individual or family coverage is available for a small monthly fee.
- Pharmacy services through co-payments.
- Dental coverage is provided through Guardian. There is a minor monthly fee.
- Vision plan through CIR
- Life, Disability, Malpractice, Travel and Accident Insurance (Group Life, short- and long-term disability insurance fully paid by the hospital)
- Worker's Compensation Insurance
- 403-b Tax Sheltered Annuity Plans (Prudential and TIAA-CREF)
- Vacation: 4 weeks annual vacation (must be approved by the chair or program director on a case-by-case basis taking into consideration academic requirements and scheduling needs of the department)
- Medical Education Benefits: Up to $500 in the final year of residency for conferences or board review courses.
- Discounted employee parking; free parking when on-call
- Free legal services covering immigration service and other areas
- 11 Holidays
- 12 Sick days
- 1 Personal day
- Up to 5 Bereavement days
- 3 Marriage leave days
- Maternity and family leave
- 1 Paternity day
- Flexible Spending Account
- Lab coats, lockers and free meals when on-call
For more information, please click on the CIR Box below to be redirected to the CIR Website and select Maimonides Medical Center: