Navigation Search

Medical Education

Frequently Asked Questions From Incoming Residents


Q - I am planning on moving and will be updating my information when I move.  What should I list on the forms?

Please submit the forms with your current information and we will send a change of address form in May/June that asks for your new address.  You will submit it to Human Resources and they will update your information in the system.

Q - I was filling out the House Staff Data sheet, and the Disclosure and release form, and it asks for a Professional license.  I do not have one, what do I put?

Please leave it blank if you do not have a license.  You are not required to have a license to enter and complete a residency in New York.

Q - I tried to apply for the NPI form online and it asked me for a license, what do I list?

As per the email sent from Academic Affairs, please make sure to use the guide on the left side of the NPI page.  If you were asked for a license, you did not submit 39Student as the taxonomy code.  The guide will show you exactly how to fill out the application.

Q - Do I send all of the forms on this side to Academic Affairs?

Yes please send your contracts, Human Resources forms, Employee Health Forms, Housing Application etc. to Academic Affairs.

Q - I am currently living outside the country and I do not have any of the required documents for the I9 form.  What do I do?

Please send a copy of your current visa, and we will update your information later when you arrive with your valid working visa.

Q - I am currently living outside of the country, and I do not have a social security number, what should I fill in on the forms?

Leave anything that asks for a social security number blank, and your information will be submitted later when you have a social security number.

Q - I am currently living outside of the country, and I do not have a social security number and the NPI form asks for one.  What do I do?

You cannot fill out the NPI form until you have a social security number.  You will be able to fill out the form later, when you have one.

Q - When do I come for orientation?

There is a standard orientation grid available on the new hire website.  This shows the days for the ACLS, BLS and infection control training.  Your department will send you the ACLS skills date you are expected to attend.  The institutional orientation days are mandatory.  Every department will send a detailed schedule for you specifically with the days you have computer training, departmental orientation and any other training days they require you to attend.