How to Apply
Applications for residency (and many fellowship) programs should be submitted through ERAS at www.aamc.org/eras.
Complete details and timelines are available on the ERAS website. Applications for most residency programs can be submitted beginning September 1st; however, you can begin the process of preparing your application prior to that date through the ERAS website. Please check with the individual residency or fellowship program for initial and final dates of submission. For example, the Department of Pediatrics accepts applications for its residency program beginning September 1st and ending December 31st; and the Department of Orthopedic Surgery accepts applications for its residency program beginning September 1st and ending November 1st.
Maimonides Medical Center complies with federal and city laws and orders prohibiting discrimination in employment. Such discrimination includes race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, handicap, marital status or sexual orientation.
1. WE REQUIRE (3) LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION AS WELL AS STEP I and STEP II (before considering your application)
2. WE PREFER A SCORE OF AT LEAST 240 IN STEP ONE AND TWO ON FIRST ATTEMPT.
3. WE DO SPONSOR HIB, JI VISA IF NECESSARY- WE REQUIRE YOUR STEP III BE TAKEN BY MATCH DATE TO ENSURE AN H1B VISA BE ISSUED IN TIME FOR A JULY 1ST START DATE. WE ARE NOT SUBJECTED TO THE CAP.
4. NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY IN THE U.S. OR ELSEWHERE.
5. WE PRESENTLY HAVE FOREIGN MEDICAL GRADS IN THE PROGRAM (PRELIMINARY, AND CATEGORICAL). PERCENTAGES ARE NOT AVAILABLE.
6. WE ARE GOING THROUGH THE ERAS PROGRAM AND WILL ACCEPT NO OTHER TYPE OF APPLICATION. DO NOT MAIL IN YOUR APPLICATION. LAST DAY APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED THROUGH ERAS IS NOVEMBER 15TH IF NECESSARY. WE WILL STOP REVIEWING APPLICATIONS ONCE OUR QUOTA HAS BEEN FILLED which may be earlier than the November 15th deadline.
7. WE HAVE 5 CATEGORICAL POSITIONS, 5 PRELIMINARY POSITIONS AND ONLY CATEGORICALS ARE OFFERED A RESEARCH YEAR.
8. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE ECFMG CERTIFIED BY THE TIME OF INTERVIEW.
9. CANDIDATES WITH THE LASTEST GRADUATION DATES WILL BE CONSIDERED FIRST.
PLEASE CORRESPOND VIA EMAIL ONLY