Pediatric Nephrology & Hypertension
Caring, Teaching, Treating
At the Children's Hospital, we believe in caring and educating families facing pediatric nephrology and hypertension concerns. Pediatric nephrology encompasses the diagnosis and treatment of kidney disease, the care of children requiring renal replacement therapy, and hypertension.
As many as 5% of children and adolescents have hypertension or high blood pressure. Children and adolescents should have their blood pressure measured at least once a year. Our Pediatric Hypertension Program helps treat hypertension and assists in educating the family and community.
The Children's Hospital provides exceptional care for children with nephrology and hypertension issues. Our board-certified nephrologists collaborate with other related areas, such as pediatric cardiology, neurolgy and endocrinology based on the individual child's situation. In order to reduce anxiety, we evaluate and deliver care that is child-friendly in an environment created just for them.
- Proteinuria and nephrotic syndrome
- Hematuria and glomerulonephritis
- High blood pressure
- Urinary tract infections and urinary tract abnormalities
- Acute kidney injury and chronic kidney disease
- Pediatric Hypertension Program which includes:
- Consultations, evaluation and treatment of hypertension in infants, children, and adolescents
- 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Education of lifestyle modifications including diet, weight management and stress reduction
- Services done at the Children’s Hospital:
- Percutaneous kidney biopsy under conscious sedation
- Renal ultrasound
- Renal replacement therapy
Meet Our Team