Maimonides Heart & Vascular Institute
Ranked #1 in the U.S. for Heart Attack Survival1
And a Top 10 hospital for clinical excellence 3 years in a row2
Call (718) 283-8902 for an appointment with a heart & vascular specialist or request an appointment online.
We are pleased to update you on the measures being taken at the Maimonides Heart & Vascular Institute to provide a safe space for patients to receive the care they need. As the city continues to recover from the pandemic, we welcome our patients back with new safeguards in place.
Maimonides Has Taken Several Precautions To Ensure The Safety Of All Of Our Patients And Staff
Click here to find out more
- All staff wear face masks and appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Our staff observes rigorous self-monitoring procedures every day, including temperature checks, to ensure that everyone who works in our office is healthy.
- We will maintain a physical distance of 6 feet at all times, with the only exception being when a procedure or examination is required to be performed.
- We have spaced our appointments so our waiting rooms are not full. We request that you arrive on time to avoid crowding in our waiting room.
- Patients are asked to wear a mask to the practice. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you.
- We request that you arrive alone unless it is essential for someone to accompany you. For patients who require a caretaker, one healthy adult may accompany the patient. Visitors should wear a mask – we will provide a mask if needed. We will be happy to include additional family members in important discussions by phone.
- At your visit, your temperature will be checked, and you will be asked if you have a fever, cough, or chills. If you have a fever (100 F or above), we will ask you to go back home, and we will monitor you with Virtual Care visits or reschedule your appointment.
- We will ask you to wash/sanitize your hands upon arrival and upon leaving our practice.
- Our premises are cleaned frequently throughout the day using an EPA approved disinfectant.
Clinical Excellence at the Heart & Vascular Institute
Your heart is in the best hands at our state-of-the-art cardiovascular institute, located in Borough Park and easily accessible from Park Slope, Dyker Heights, and Sunset Park.
Known for its ground-breaking heart surgery and vascular surgery approaches, the Heart & Vascular Institute at Maimonides Medical Center is nationally ranked for excellence. Learn more
Maimonides is the #1 hospital in the U.S. for Heart Attack survival according to the federal government.1
Maimonides is ranked among the Top 10 hospitals in the nation for clinical excellence three years running.2
U.S. News & World Report gave Maimonides a perfect score for Heart Failure outcomes in its ‘Types of Care’ ratings.3
In a collaborative setting, our cardiologists, cardiothoracic, and vascular surgeons, perform thousands of non-invasive, minimally invasive, and interventional procedures every year in our state-of-the-art facilities, including two hybrid operating rooms, catheterization and electrophysiology labs, and a dedicated Vein Center. As pioneers in their field, our heart doctors and other specialists adopt a multidisciplinary approach in the delivery of care to patients while improving their quality of life.
With innovation at the forefront of care, the Heart & Vascular Institute specializes in advanced heart failure, coronary artery disease, atrial fibrillation (AFib), all types of aortic aneurysms, valve disease, and many other cardiovascular conditions. And it’s all happening right here – in Brooklyn.
It's all happening right here at our heart center in Brooklyn—but our impact is far-reaching. Our esteemed heart specialists and cardiovascular surgeons dedicate their lives to improving outcomes for patients in New York and across the country.
1cms.gov 2020, 2cms.gov 2018, 2019, 2020, 3U.S. News & World Report 2020