It's Spring! Get Outside and Active In Your Neighborhood
We're often less active in the winter when it's cold outside. Now that it's springtime and nice out, being outside is a great way to stay active, limit screen time, and take part in social events and gatherings.
- Walk to your destination instead of taking the bus, Subway, or a car. And if it's too far to walk, try getting off the bus or Subway one stop further from your destination to get a few extra minutes of walking.
- Take your kids or pets to the local park or playground.
- Organize a picnic in the park! Bring your friends and family to enjoy a day outside.
- Walk around when you're watching your kids play on the playground or at a game instead of sitting on the sidelines.
- Check out our new interactive map of parks in your Brooklyn neighborhoods. NYC Parks have playgrounds, basketball courts, baseball fields, walking and biking paths, and more.
- Did you know the Department of Parks and Recreation offers FREE fitness classes in your neighborhood? Check out Shape Up NYC classes near you.
- Check out more healthy living tips from Maimonides here.
We'd love to hear from you.
Let us know what types of healthy living tips would be most helpful to you - email email@example.com.