Employee Preparedness Actions
Please check your Maimonides email for hospital updates or call the Employee Info Line at 718.283.6810. You can use the resources below to learn more information. Also, please review the Maimonides Policies (below) regarding attendance.
- Please take extra time and precautions if you will be commuting to or from work during this time.
- Please remind staff that they should arrive early for all shifts and allow themselves ample time to commute. Additionally, they should have alternate transportation methods due to the anticipated weather.
- All supervisors and managers should provide their staff with the appropriate contact information for their direct supervisor in the event that additional information is needed.
- Each department needs to prepare their respective communication processes in the event that Emergency Management needs to contact staff.
- Early discharges should be facilitated whenever possible.
- Snow equipment must be prepared and all snow removal contracts should be verified.
- The Security department should advise team members on exterior patrols to report hazardous conditions.
- All EMS Ambulances and Support Vehicles should be refueled.
Check Status of NYC-Area Transportation & Services
Maimonides Attendance Policies
Regarding road closures and public transportation suspensions, it is important that you review these linked policies: AD-47 and HR-27.
Here are some of the key provisions:
- Employees on duty are expected to complete their scheduled shifts and be available for the succeeding shift based upon the operational needs of the Medical Center.
- All employees scheduled to work are expected to make every reasonable effort to come to work at their scheduled time.
- The Medical Center’s policy and contractual provisions regarding the required notice for calling out before the start of one’s shift will be enforced during the weather emergency.
- Employees unable to report to work due to the extreme transportation difficulties will be charged a vacation day or holiday.
Please do not hesitate to call the Human Resources Department (x7518) if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above referenced policies.
As a reminder to all employees and volunteers, Maimonides offers 511NY Rideshare – a reliable and cost–effective option for staff to commute to and from work during severe weather conditions. The Maimonides ride-matching system gives you access to a pool of potential rideshare matches in your area, based on similar routes and schedules. Through this interactive portal, you’ll find ride-matches for carpooling, vanpooling and more options for cost-effective and reliable alternatives to driving alone in New York.
To register in the Maimonides Hospital Rideshare, please click here.
If you have questions or want to learn more about 511NY Rideshare, we encourage you to view the Frequently Asked Questions, or contact the Customer Service center from 6 AM– 7 PM, Monday through Friday, by calling 511 and saying “Rideshare.”