Pulmonary Medicine in Brooklyn, NY
The Division of Pulmonary Medicine in Brooklyn provides the full array of pulmonary function testing, including arterial blood gas testing to determine the nature of a patient’s shortness of breath. We work closely with the Maimonides Institute for Sleep & Breathing Disorders in order to evaluate patients with sleep apnea and other sleep disorders. We provide state-of-the-art diagnostic tools and treatment options.
Our consultation services include: pulmonary physiology testing, arterial blood testing for oxygen and carbon monoxide, and pulmonary exercise testing for evaluation of lung capacity. Our endoscopic procedures include bronchoscopy, thoracentesis, and chest tube insertion.
Pulmonary Conditions We Treat
- Shortness of breath
- Sleep apnea
- Evaluation of abnormal chest X-rays
- Lung cancer
- Interstitial lung disease
- Pulmonary vascular diseases
Pulmonary Services and Treatments
- Arterial blood gas analysis
- Carbon monoxide blood levels
- Pulmonary function studies (lung volumes, diffusion)
- Pulmonary exercise testing
- Percutaneous pleural biopsy
- Transbronchial biopsy
- Transbronchial needle aspiration
Our outstanding clinicians are excellent teachers and take a keen interest in education. They are fully committed to our accredited training programs, including our fellowship in Pulmonary Medicine, are involved with clinical research, and are well-published in the management of pulmonary medicine.