Navigation Search

Urogynecologic Conditions & Treatments


Call 718-PELVIC-1 (718-735-8421) to speak with a pelvic floor specialist or request an appointment online.


What is a Urogynecologist?

A urogynecologist is a physician, either a urologist or OB/GYN by training who has undergone two or three more years of fellowship training after residency. These specialists focus on reconstruction of the pelvic floor and other disorders including urinary incontinence


Common Conditions

  • Urinary Incontinence - Accidental loss of urine can happen when you cough or sneeze, or when you are rushing to the bathroom and don’t make it in time

  • Pelvic organ Prolapse - Occurs when one or more pelvic organ the uterus, bladder or rectum- bulges into the vagina

  • Frequent urinary tract infections (UTIs)

  • Blood in the urine

  • Menopausal health

  • Sexual well-being

Treatments and Procedures

  • Urodynamics and Cystoscopy

  • Biofeedback (a non-surgical therapy to exercise pelvic muscles)

  • Vaginal Hysterectomy and Prolapse Repair

  • Laparoscopic or Robotic Sacrocolpopexy

  • Sling Procedures for Incontinence

  • Mesh Removal