Gastroenterology in Brooklyn, NY
Care for diseases of the digestive tract (esophagus, stomach, small intestine and colon), pancreas and liver
The Division of Gastroenterology at Maimonides Medical Center provides comprehensive care for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the digestive tract (esophagus, stomach, small intestine, and colon), pancreas, and liver. While patient care is our primary focus, our GI doctors also place a strong emphasis on patient education for and research into gastrointestinal disease, including digestive and liver disease.
Our team of gastro specialists has a long history of excellence, which continues today. Using the latest technology for early detection and diagnosis, our board-certified physicians provide the expertise and experience to treat a wide range of conditions, including:
- Peptic ulcer disease
- HP infection gastritis
- Celiac Disease
- Crohn's Disease
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Chronic liver disease, including viral hepatitis, fatty liver, alcohol liver disease and cirrhosis
- Gastrointestinal Cancer, including esophageal, gastric, colon, liver and pancreatic cancer
Outpatient services are provided within Maimonides Medical Center, as well as our faculty practice office located at 4721 Ft. Hamilton Parkway in Brooklyn, NY. Our team, composed of the best stomach doctors in Brooklyn, NY, performs a wide range of gastroenterology procedures on an outpatient basis.
Inpatient services include a luminal GI service, biliary and pancreatic service, hepatology service, and consultation service. We offer our inpatient care at the Maimonides Medical Center department for gastroenterology in Brooklyn, NY.
Our state-of-the-art endoscopy suite located at 1025 48th street allows us to offer the most advanced endoscopic procedures available. We offer a full range of services, including:
- Gastric Endoscopy, including stricture dilation and stent placement, banding ligation and feeding tube placement.
- Colonoscopy, including polypectomy, stricture dilation and stent placement.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), including stone removal and stent placement.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS), including therapeutic fine needle aspiration.
- Liver biopsies
- Esophageal motility study
- Esophagus acid reflux test
Maimonides also offers a hepatitis clinic and a colonoscopy screening clinic for diagnostic purposes. Contact us to schedule an appointment with a Brooklyn gastroenterologist.