Maimonides Medical Center is committed to providing a competitive, comprehensive and innovative employee benefits program to meet the needs of our eligible non-union employees. Union employees receive benefits according to their collective bargaining agreement.
MMC Benefits Program
This program gives you the flexibility to choose the benefits and coverage levels that are right for your personal lifestyles and family situations. Plans include:
- Medical/Prescription Drug
- Vision Care
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability (including an Employee Assistance Program)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care and Dependent Care
For eligible non-union employees (excluding physicians, executives and senior level management) MMC makes contributions necessary to provide defined benefits pension plan benefits on a non-contributory basis. For physicians, executives and senior level management, MMC contributes to a defined contribution tax sheltered annuity plan on a non-contributory basis.
Voluntary Benefits Program
The plans and programs under the Voluntary Benefits Program are intended to give you an opportunity to better address your individual needs. Plans include:
- MMC 403(b) Plan – All employees are eligible to make voluntary contributions to the 40(b) Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan.
- Commuter Benefits Plan – All employees are eligible to receive pre-tax benefits for mass transit and parking expenses related to commuting to and from work.
- Voluntary permanent life insurance, short-term disability insurance, critical care insurance, accident insurance, pet insurance, and legal insurance through convenient employee payroll deductions.
Employee Discount Program
The program provides opportunities from employees to take advantage of discounts on items such as theater tickets, amusement park admissions, clothing, restaurants, hotels and rental cars.