The Best Minds, Hearts and Hands Restoring Patients to Health
Maimonides Medical Center is and independent teaching hospital and is at the forefront of innovative medicine. We are consistently rated as among the best hospitals in the U.S.
Physicians at Maimonides are not only highly trained specialists and medical educators, they are caring men and women who recognize the emotional, psychosocial and spiritual dimensions to illness.
Our nurses combine compassion and empathy with clinical expertise and technical skills. This combination of caring attitude and professional capability is what allows the nursing staff to be both advocates for patients and partners with the medical staff.
Our patient-centered approach to care is seen throughout our staff, the hospital and our renowned centers of excellence.
A few highlights:
- Maimonides Cancer Center is Brooklyn's only fully accredited cancer center.
- Maimonides Heart & Vascular Center offers the most advanced treatment available to all cardiovascular patients and significantly improves the lives of congestive heart failure patients through innovation.
- Maimonides Infants & Children's Hospital of Brooklyn, fully accredited as a "children's hospital within a hospital", is just one of only three such facilities in New York City.
- The Stella and Joseph Payson Birthing Center handles more births than any other hospital in New York State.
- The ACE Geriatric Unit provides an interdisciplinary approach for the elderly helping to ease their hospitalization.
- The Jaffe Stroke Center at Maimonides offers cutting-edge techniques and new hope for stroke victims.