|Applications should be submitted through ERAS at www.aamc.org/eras. Complete details and timelines are available on the ERAS website.|
|For more information, please contact Seema Chauhan, Residency Coordinator, at|
Welcome to Our Program
Maimonides Medical Center offers three dynamic, fully accredited residency programs in general surgery, orthopedics and urology. An accredited Transitional Program is also available. The General Surgery Residency Program provides extensive, hands-on clinical experience with the busy and expanding surgical services of the hospital. Training is provided by nationally renowned faculty in all subspecialty fields.
The Maimonides Surgical Training Program provides a comprehensive, fully accredited residency in general surgery, with three approved training programs:
- Preliminary Program
- Categorical Program
We appreciate your interest in our General Surgery Residency Program. Graduate medical education is part of the rich heritage and mission of Maimonides. Our program strives to provide the best educational experience in an environment that assures a balance between academic and clinical activities. We take great pride in our success in preparing residents to become the next generation of expert practitioners.
1. WE REQUIRE (3) LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION AS WELL AS STEP I and STEP II (before considering your application)
2. WE PREFER A SCORE OF AT LEAST 220 IN STEP ONE AND TWO ON FIRST ATTEMPT.
3. WE DO SPONSOR H1B., J1 VISA IF NECESSARY- WE REQUIRE YOUR STEP III BE TAKEN BY MATCH DATE TO ENSURE AN H1 VISA BE ISSUED IN TIME FOR A JULY 1ST START DATE. WE ARE NOT SUBJECTED TO THE CAP.
4. NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY IN THE U.S. OR ELSEWHERE.
5. WE PRESENTLY HAVE FOREIGN MEDICAL GRADS IN THE PROGRAM (PRELIMINARY, AND CATEGORICAL). PERCENTAGES ARE NOT AVAILABLE.
6. WE ARE GOING THROUGH THE ERAS PROGRAM AND WILL ACCEPT NO OTHER TYPE OF APPLICATION. DO NOT MAIL IN YOUR APPLICATION. LAST DAY APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED THROUGH ERAS IS NOVEMBER 15TH IF NECESSARY. WE WILL STOP REVIEWING APPLICATIONS ONCE OUR QUOTA HAS BEEN FILLED which may be earlier than the November 15th deadline.
7. WE HAVE 5 CATEGORICAL POSITIONS, 5 PRELIMINARY POSITIONS AND ONLY CATEGORICALS ARE OFFERED A RESEARCH YEAR.
8. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE ECFMG CERTIFIED BY THE TIME OF INTERVIEW.
9. CANDIDATES WITH THE LASTEST GRADUATION DATES WILL BE CONSIDERED FIRST.