A Warm Welcome to our Newest Patients
At the Maimonides Infants & Children’s Hospital we extend a very warm welcome to our newborn patients at our new state-of-the-art Newborn Nursery. Maimonides Medical Center is a NYS-designated Regional Perinatal Center, in recognition of excellence in the delivery of maternity and neonatal care. Our Newborn Nursery is staffed by outstanding board-certified physicians seven days a week, who team with committed nurses and nurse practitioners, giving your baby the best care possible. We have great experience with newborns; we deliver more babies than any other hospital in the community. We are here for all little ones, from the healthiest to those with complex medical issues. In case of emergency, our newly renovated Neonatology Intensive Care Unit and highly trained pediatric NICU staff are always available.
Maimonides Infants & Children’s Hospital Newborn Nursery provides family-centered care. Our dedicated physicians educate families and answer any questions they may have. We team closely with the family’s pediatrician, to insure continual care for the journey home. All our care is baby-friendly, in an environment created just for newborns. We wish you, and the newest member of your family, good health and all the best.
We offer a number of services including:
- Comprehensive newborn care
- In-house coverage by a board-certified physician seven days-a-week
- Neonatologists available to consult on a case or on an emergency basis
- Education for the whole family on newborn care
- Breast feeding education
Why Choose Us
- NYS-designated Regional Perinatal Center in recognition of excellence in the delivery of maternity and neonatal care
- New state-of-the-art nursery
- Highly regarded and comprehensive newborn care
- Board-certified neonatologists and experienced neonatal nurses
- Dedicated nurse practitioners