To make an appointment, call
Taking the Guesswork Out of Surgery
- A hospital representative from Pre-Admission Testing will contact you to discuss the policy for admission. If you don’t hear from the office one week prior to your surgery, you may call (718) 283-7300 to arrange the appointment yourself.
- You may contact the Department of Anesthesiology at (718) 283-8816 to confirm insurance coverage and any possible coinsurance you may have.
- Contact your primary care physician to fax our office a letter of medical clearance, within 30 days of the surgery.
One Week Before Surgery
- STOP taking of any platelet inhibitors or blood thinners (i.e. Bayer, Baby Aspirin, Excedrin, Anacin, Plavix, Aspirin, Coumadin, Heparin, Lovenox, etc.).
- STOP taking any anti-inflammatories (i.e. Naprosyn, Motrin, Aleve, Advil, Ibuprofen, etc.)
The Day Before Surgery
- Your doctor’s office will call you with the time you should arrive for your surgery. If you haven’t heard from us by 1pm on the day before your surgery is to take place, please call us at (718) 283-7362.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke anything after midnight.
The Day Of Surgery
- Take any necessary medications in the morning with one sip of water, if necessary.
- Surgeries take place on the main hospital campus, located at 4802 Tenth Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11219.
- The hospital parking lot is located on 10th Avenue, between 47th and 48th Streets. Validate your parking ticket at the hospital to get free parking.
- Minors (younger than 18 years of age) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to sign the operative consent form.
- After your surgery, you should arrange to be escorted/driven home by a responsible adult.
- Call our office at (718) 283-7362 to make a follow-up appointment after the surgery.
- If there is a problem and you need to reschedule the surgery, please notify our office at least one week prior to the surgery.
- If you have any questions, please call the physician’s assistant or your doctor.