Dr. Shoshana Haberman is the Director of Maternal Fetal Medicine and OB/GYN Diagnostic in the Department of OB/GYN at Maimonides Medical Center and is board certified in OB/GYN. She graduated Magna Sum Laude from The Sackler School of Medicine in Tel Aviv, Israel, and earned her Ph.D in Biochemistry. She completed OB/GYN residency at Maimonides Medical Center and then completed a subspecialty fellowship in Maternal Fetal Medicine at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center. She is also a clinical professor of OB/GYN at Suny Downstate University.
Dr. Haberman founded the Perinatal Testing Unit and the current state of the art OBS/Diagnostic Center at Maimonides. Dr. Haberman’s practice combines academic excellence with longstanding and extensive clinical experience. She focuses on the development and integration of advanced diagnostic technologies into clinical practice and is a member of advisory physician committees of companies developing such technologies.
She has pioneered the use of advanced Doppler ultrasound used for uterine, ovarian placental and fetal assessment based on the assessment of blood flow, advanced 3-D and 4-D technology to achieve early and precise diagnosis of maternal and fetal pathologies, and Implemented Labor Pro - an innovative ultrasound system, which is a non-invasive tool for labor management.
Dr. Haberman practice is focused on providing comprehensive OB/GYN care to women, serving their evolving needs during the various stages of life: from adolescence through menopause, with special emphasis on High Risk Pregnancies, and both perimenopausal and postmenopausal conditions. T
- Pre conception counseling, diagnosis and guidance for women who might become High Risk patients because of background conditions (infertility, advanced age, obesity: diabetes, hypertension, cardiac disease, personal or family history of adverse pregnancy outcome, genetics problems, etc).
- Co-management and counseling of High Risk pregnant patients, for a full spectrum of medical conditions: Maternal diseases (Diabetes, cardiac disease, hypertension, etc)
- Multiple gestation (twins and triplets, twin- twin transfusion, etc)Complications of pregnancy (screening for complications, early/timely intervention when necessary).
- Fetal anomalie
- 1st Trimester evaluation, advanced counseling and testing
- Early detection and management of fetal anomalies
- Ultrasound guided procedures in obstetrics and in gynecology
- Ovarian cancer screening
- Peri and post menopausal conditions
Dr. Haberman has published numerous papers in peer review journals and has had many presentations in national and international medical conferences. She is also a Principle Investigator in the National Institution of Health funded Consortium of Safe Labor study project. She is a fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, a member of the Society of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine, and The International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISUOG).
Sackler School of Medicine
Long Island College Hospital
Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Clinical Professor of OB/GYN, SUNY Downstate UniversityArticles Listed in PubMed