|Submit your CV, a letter of interest, and two recent letters of recommendations (minimum) to Deborah Roman at email@example.com or by fax at (718) 283-8377.|
|For more information, please contact Deborah Roman at|
- Clinical coverage mostly in the labor and delivery suite and as needed in the surgical operating suite.
- When possible a non-clinical day in the hospital for self study, research, manuscript/abstract preparation, etc. will be assigned.
- Pre and post operative/delivery consultation, including management of complications.
- Night and weekend call as determined by the chief and/or staff scheduler.
- Supervise and guide CRNA’s, anesthesia residents, medical students, and student nurse anesthetists in the administration and conduction of regional and general anesthesia.
- Attend and contribute to the following conferences: OB-Anesthesia case conference, Journal Club, QA case conference, grand rounds, maternal fetal medicine conference, and Anesthesia resident key-word review.
- Teaching of residents, medical students, and student nurses.
- Formal: Grand rounds, OB-Anesthesia case conference, Journal Club, QA case conference, Anesthesia resident key-word review.
- Act as a liaison between the Departments of Anesthesiology, Obstetrics and Neonatology in case presentation and conferences (Maternal Fetal medicine conference, etc).
The fellow will be encouraged to be the principal investigator in the course of six months to one year, and hopefully publish the results in a preferred journal of Anesthesiology. The fellow is also encouraged to present at least one abstract at the annual meeting of SOAP (Society of Obstetrical Anesthesia and Perinatology).