Dr. Gerard A. Betro is a surgeon in the Division of Surgical Critical Care at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY. Prior to joining the Maimonides team, Dr. Betro attended medical school at Albany Medical Center and completed his fellowship at Yale University.
Surgical Critical Care
Dr. Betro treats a wide variety of conditions including:
Treatments and Procedures
- Sepsis, severe sepsis, septic shock
- Multi-organ system failure
- Peri-operative complications
- Care of high-risk surgical patients
Dr. Betro offers a number of treatments and procedures, such as:
- Central venous lines and arterial lines
- Advanced hemodynamic monitoring
- Ultrasonography for critical care
Dr. Gerard A. Betro has published in his field on topics such as endotracheal intubation and the role of sterility. Dr. Betro belongs to several professional societies. He was previously a member of the American Medical Students Association and the Medical Society of New York. Currently, he is a member of the Society of Critical Care Medicine, the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine, the American College of Surgeons, and the American Medical Association.