Aleksandra Zagorin, RN, MSN, ANP-C, GNP-C is a Masters prepared nurse practitioner (NP) with over 10 years of professional experience, board-certified in, both, Adult Primary Care and Geriatrics. Since 2002, Mrs. Zagorin has maintained an active NP practice in the care of older adults in the Home Medical Care for the Elderly Program within the Division of Geriatrics. She is also involved in the Safe At Home Project, a program designed to improve the discharge process of frail elderly patients transitioning from hospital to home, in order to reduce rehospitalizations and improve the quality of care in collaboration with primary care providers.
She teaches nurse practitioner students in Masters Programs Assessment and Physical Diagnosis clinical courses. Prior to obtaining advanced degrees, Mrs. Zagorin worked as a registered nurse at Lutheran Medical Center in the post-operative care, primary care clinics and other arenas.
She has divided her professional career between clinical practice, teaching, and geriatric social issues management.
Mrs. Zagorin served as co-principal investigator on a research study funded by the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health entitled "Functional Outcome in Cardiovascular Patients Undergoing Surgical (‘FOCUS’) Hip Fracture Repair – Transfusion Trigger Trial."
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- National Certification Adult Primary Care NP
- American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Geriatric NP Certification
- Adult Primary Care NP Certification
- American Geriatric Society
- National Conference of Geriatric Nurse Practitioners
- New York State Nursing Association
- American Academy of Nurse Practictioners
- Metropolitan Area Consortium on Housecall Medicine
Areas of Specialty:
- geriatric syndromes
- comfort care
- palliative care
- wound care
- transitional care
- complex family issues
- medical housecalls, including management of acute issues in the homes of patients
- American Academy of Nurse Practioners, Certificate of Recognition
- Omicron Delta Kappa (National Leadership Honor Society)
- Sigma Theta Tau (National Nursing Honor Society)
- Congressional Certificate for Outstanding Achievement
- Switzer Foundation Scholar