Under the direction of Sidney Tessler, MD, the Division of Pulmonary Medicine provides the full array of pulmonary function testing, including arterial blood gas testing to determine the nature of a patient’s shortness of breath. We work closely with the staff of the Maimonides Institute for Sleep & Breathing Disorders in order to evaluate patients with sleep apnea and other sleep disorders. We provide state-of-the-art diagnostic tools and treatment options.
Our consultation services include: pulmonary physiology testing, arterial blood testing for oxygen and carbon monoxide, and pulmonary exercise testing for evaluation of lung capacity. Our endoscopic procedures include bronchoscopy, thoracentesis, and chest tube insertion.
- Shortness of breath
- Sleep apnea
- Evaluation of abnormal chest X-rays
- Lung cancer
- Interstitial lung disease
- Pulmonary vascular diseases
- Arterial blood gas analysis
- Carbon monoxide blood levels
- Pulmonary function studies (lung volumes, diffusion)
- Pulmonary exercise testing
- Percutaneous pleural biopsy
- Transbronchial biopsy
- Transbronchial needle aspiration
Our outstanding clinicians are excellent teachers and take a keen interest in education. They are fully committed to our accredited training programs, including our fellowship in Pulmonary Medicine, are involved with clinical research and are well-published in the management of pulmonary medicine.