The Division of Gastroenterology at Maimonides Medical Center provides comprehensive care for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the digestive tract (esophagus, stomach, small intestine and colon), pancreas and liver. While patient care is our primary focus, we also place a strong emphasis on patient education for and research into digestive and liver disease.
The Division of Gastroenterology has a long history of excellence, which continues today. Using the latest technology for early detection and diagnosis, our
board-certified physicians provide the expertise and experience to treat a wide range of conditions including:
- Peptic ulcer disease
- HP infection gastritis
- Celiac Disease
- Crohn's Disease
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Chronic liver disease, including viral hepatitis, fatty liver, alcohol liver disease and cirrhosis
- Gastrointestinal Cancer, including esophageal, gastric, colon, liver and pancreatic cancer
Gastroenterology clinical services and practices include:
Outpatient Services are provided within Maimonides Medical Center, as well as our faculty practice office located at 4721 Ft. Hamilton Parkway in Brooklyn, NY.
Inpatient services include a luminal GI service, billiary and pancreatic service, hepatology service, and consultation service at Maimonides Medical Center.
Our state-of-the-art endoscopy suite located at 1025 48th street allows us to offer to most advanced endoscopic procedures available. We offer the full-range of services, including:
- Gastric Endoscopy, including stricture dilation and stent placement, banding ligation and feeding tube placement.
- Colonoscopy, including polypectomy, stricture dilation and stent placement.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), including stone removal and stent placement.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS), including therapeutic fine needle aspiration.
- Liver biopsies
- Esophageal motility study
- Esophagus acid reflux test
Maimonides also offers a hepatitis clinic and a colonoscopy screening clinic for diagnostic purposes.